By Ricardo Carvajal –
FDA has a web page devoted to the Food Safety Modernization Act (“FSMA”) that provides ready access to useful information on the new law and on FDA’s implementation activities, including:
- the text of the law;
- descriptions of the work groups charged with implementation;
- the text of relevant speeches by the Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner for Foods;
- interviews with senior staff;
- archived webcasts of public meetings; and
- translations of certain materials into several languages.
The page also provides a link to FDA’s Product Recall Page, which was revamped to be more user friendly as directed by the FSMA.