ACI’s 32nd FDA Boot Camp – Boston EditionAugust 13, 2018
The American Conference Institute’s (“ACI’s”) popular “FDA Boot Camp” – now in its 32nd iteration – is scheduled to take place from September 26-28, 2018, at the Omni Parker House, in Boston, Massachusetts. The conference is billed as the premier event to provide folks with a roadmap to navigate the difficult terrain of FDA regulatory law.
ACI’s FDA Boot Camp will provide you not only with the essential background in FDA regulatory law to help you in your practice, but also key sessions that show you how this regulatory knowledge can be applied to situations you encounter in real life. A distinguished cast of presenters will share their knowledge and provide critical insights on a host of topics, including:
- The organization, jurisdiction, functions, and operations of FDA
- The essentials of the approval process for drugs and biologics, including: INDs, NDAs, BLAs, OTC Approval, the PMA process and the Expedited Approval Process
- Clinical trials for drugs and biologics
- Unique Considerations in the approval of combination products, companion diagnostics, and stem cell therapies
- The role of the Hatch-Waxman Amendments in the patenting of drugs and biologics
- Labeling in the drug and biologics approval process
- Off-Label use and a New World Order
- cGMPs, adverse events monitoring, risk management and recalls
Highlights from this year’s program include an up-to-the-minute “Ripped from the Headlines” section covering recent hot issues such as the FDA Reauthorization Act, states attempts to affect drug pricing, and the potential effects of the mid-term elections on federal legislation and FDA regulations.
Hyman, Phelps & McNamara, P.C.’s Kurt R. Karst and Axinn, Veltrop & Harkrider LLP’s Suchira Ghosh will present in a session titled “Navigating the Approval Process for Drugs and Biologics.”
FDA Law Blog is a conference media partner. As such, we can offer our readers a special 10% discount. The discount code is: P10-999-FDAB18. You can access the conference brochure and sign up for the event here. We look forward to seeing you at the conference.