HP&M Webinar: Garbage Runs, Fake Identities, and Surprise Home Visits: Strategies to Deal With FDA’s Nontraditional Investigative ToolsJune 17, 2012
Hyman, Phelps & McNamara P.C. invites you to register for our webinar, “Garbage Runs, Fake Identities, and Surprise Home Visits: Strategies to Deal With FDA's Nontraditional Investigative Tools,” which is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 from 12:30 – 2:00 p.m. ET.
From routine on-site inspection to rummaging through trash bins outside your facility, FDA and other government agents have shown increasing willingness to obtain information outside of just conducting regulatory inspections of company facilities. This webinar will provide an overview of popular, and not so well-known, tactics that the government uses, followed by a discussion of strategies to help your company to prepare for, and if necessary, respond to them. Participants will gain an understanding of how to deal with the government's demands for information, directed to the company, its current employees, and even former employees, while protecting the company's interests.
The webinar will feature HP&M attorneys Doug Farquhar, John Fleder, and Anne Walsh, who bring the full perspective of experience in government enforcement, including a former Assistant U.S. Attorney, the former Director of DOJ's Office of Consumer Litigation, and a former Associate Chief Counsel at FDA. They will:
- Share insights from their experiences in the government;
- Describe trends on government enforcement efforts using these investigative techniques;
- Analyze publicly disclosed cases;
- Provide strategies for preparing your company before the government even begins its scrutiny, and responding when the government arrives;
- Explain how government investigative methods have been used against large as well as small corporations; and
- Answer participants' questions during the webinar