A Noteworthy Fraud and Abuse Compliance Event for the Medical Device IndustrySeptember 22, 2008
Jeffrey K. Shapiro of Hyman, Phelps & McNamara, P.C. will be speaking at American Conference Institute’s 8th National Conference on Reducing Legal Risks in the Sale and Marketing of Medical Devices, November 17-18, 2008 at the Allerton Hotel on the Magnificent Mile in Chicago, IL. A copy of the program is available here.
The conference features a faculty of leading outside counsel, distinguished in-house counsel and compliance officers, as well as 9 government enforcers and regulators. They will help those in attendance:
- REASSESS compliance programs as a result of the Deferred Prosecution Agreements
- DISSEMINATE peer-reviewed studies of off-label uses and AVOID off-label scrutiny
- AVOID anti-kickback red flags when handling activities involving prescribers and purchasers
- DESIGN compliant policies and procedures for consulting arrangements
- RESPOND to government inquiries and NEGOTIATE and IMPLEMENT CIAs
- REDUCE the risk of FCPA investigations and violations
- OVERCOME the current coverage, coding, and payment challenges with device reimbursement
- EXAMINE the appropriate circumstances for discounting, bundling and price concessions
- IDENTIFY legal parameters of DTC marketing, including "new media"
- TRACK state legislative initiatives and HARMONIZE inconsistent state obligations
Additional details and registration information are available at www.AmericanConference.com/MedicalDevices or by calling 888-224-2480.